Happy Friday everyone. Have I got a treat for you today. Over the past few months, I joined several writing groups and met many authors on Facebook, Twitter and other social medias. Actually, I featured many in this blog over the past several weeks. Today is no exception. It was in one of those groups that I met Paula Rose Michelson, a wonderful Christian author. I liked how, despite the fact that I’d never met her, nor had I yet heard of her, and without even knowing what kind of books she wrote, I knew she was a Christian. So I checked out her book Casa de Naomi, and sent her a message. And as most Christians do, we clicked right away. 🙂 So for those of you out there who love a good Christian novel, you’ll want to check out this book. Here’s what Paula had to say when I asked her to tell her readers about the writer behind Casa de Naomi. 1. Can you tell your readers a little about yourself?
I am the wife of Lutheran Pastor and Chosen People Ministry Field Missionary, Ron Michelson. The mother for two married daughters, grandmother of seven, I am a dyslexic artist who Messiah (Christ) called to write for Him.
2. How did you get into writing?
I started writing for Messiah while Coordinating Missionary Church Visitation Calendars while on staff with Chosen People Ministries. I wrote five of the six Naomi Books before God called me to write full-time for Him.
3. What genres do you write? And why? I write both fiction and nonfiction now. Had you asked me before Naomi began telling me her story, I would have said that I write nonfiction, because as a teenager I wrote a weekly ‘Teen Scene’ column for the San Diego Register, and poetry because I love the cadence of various poetic work. Now as the author of Books 1&2 of Casa de Naomi: The House of Blessing, and with a new fiction, The Naomi Chronicles, Book One, Beginning Anew, which continues Naomi and Chaz’s story, and a nonfiction, How Did We Become Angry, which is the first book of seven in my LAMB Ministries 7X7 Biblical Recovery for Women Suffering from Trauma and Abuse due to release in 2014, I can tell you that all Messiah has taught and shown me has been a blessing that I share in my work.
4. How did you come up with the idea for Casa de Naomi?
I met with a friend who was a small Messianic publisher. She had collected several of my writings, and wanted to publish my work. We discussed a book I wanted to write. She loved the idea and promised to publish my work. During the ensuing months, I did the research for the book. I got delightfully bogged down while reading primary source material about what the Jews who were baptized into the Catholic faith to survive the Inquisition had gone through so I could write Naomi’s character sketch that the publisher asked for my dailies to see what I was doing. After reading them, she let me know that I had begun writing a different and much better book! This is how The Naomi Books began.
5. Are you working on a novel now? And can you tell us anything about it? I am editing “The Naomi Chronicles, Book One, Beginning Anew,” due to release in February of 2014. Here’s what readers will see when they open the book:
On Choosing to Begin
Joshua 24:15 “…then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” The process of choosing, which many call beginning, can be difficult, challenging, and affirming. Beginning is a foundational step in become an individual, and it occurs within a loving family as children become teens and their parents encourage them to begin their exploration of appropriate possibilities, see which ones they will chose, and try to assist them along the way. Although all grow from childhood to adult for some this process does not occur. Whether that is due to the environment, generationally taught fear, or the individual’s own fear is not important. What is important is that God holds each of us accountable for our choices.
We are the sum total of all we have chosen to think, do and say.
Casa de Naomi, Book One
A Woman from an Unknown People
An Illegal Emigrant
Bound by Secrets
Trapped by Choices
An Arranged Marriage
A Forbidden Love
Casa de Naomi, Book Two
A Never Intended Journey
Believing What She Feared
Marriage & at Long Last, Love
6. When asked “Where do you get your inspiration,” what do you say?
I love writing about people making choices and what happens to them thus showing that choices can trap and define, or set us free. As Messiah’s scribe, it is my joy to show those who believe a Jewish Christ, and those who do not yet believe the one who redeemed them.
Thank you so much Paula for being here, and talking to your readers. It’s been an honour having you here. Paula has agreed to do a book a giveaway. So I do each week, I’ll ask you to leave a comment and on Wednesday October 30, we’ll select a random winner. And don’t forget to connect with Paula on Facebook. She has a beautiful and inspiring page you won’t want to miss. https://www.facebook.com/paula.michelson
Until next time, blessings to all. Renee-Ann <><